Your privacy is a priority for Discovery Insurance Company. For this reason, we are committed to protecting the personal information you trust with us. We pledge that your personal information will be used in an appropriate manner in order to provide you with the best possible service.
This Privacy Statement applies to our current, former and future customers to whom we provide personal or family insurance products, as well as claimants and beneficiaries of these products. Personal information is any information that identifies you personally and does not include any information that can be obtained from a public source.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from a variety of sources about you and the property we quote and provide insurance policies to cover. Our sources of information can include any of the following:
- Information taken from applications or other forms completed by you or on your behalf by your agent. This includes your name, address, social security number, vehicle(s) information and drivers license data.
- Information regarding transactions, including coverage selections and premiums, billing information, payment and claims history.
- Information from consumer reporting agencies. This includes Motor Vehicle Records, credit reports and lien/leasehold reports.
- Information provided by your independent insurance agent, mainly updates to your policy information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Information about you may be disclosed to others as permitted by law. We do not release your personal information for any type of promotional or marketing purposes not related to Discovery Insurance Company.
- We may share your personal information with those who assist us in servicing your policy, process payments, settle claims, properly rate and underwrite your policy and provide additional information to you about our insurance products. These will include your agent and various vendors.
- Your personal medical information, if in our possession, will not be shared for any purpose other than to handle a claim. If we intend to share medical information, we will tell you when the information is collected. Of course, your medical information may be shared when you have given your consent.
Personal Information Security
We limit access to personal information about you to only those employees who need to know such information in order to provide products and services to your policy. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We will provide a notice of our Privacy Statement annually, as long as you have a customer relationship with us. This policy may be updated or changed from time to time, but you can always request our current policy by contacting us at:
Discovery Insurance Company
Attn: Privacy Statement
P.O. Box 200
Kinston, NC 28502